BENEFITS OF HONEY
* Did you know that honey can relieve you from the hangover? If you have drunk a lot and it is becoming difficult to get rid of the hangover by mixing two spoons of honey with half a cup of orange juice and half a cup yogurt. Blend them together properly and gulp it down.
* Honey mixed with ground almonds makes an excellent facial cleansing scrub.
* A tablespoon of honey whisked together with an egg white, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and about 1/4 cup of flour makes an excellent firming mask. Just smooth on the face, leave on 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water. You will be pleased with the results.
* Honey also makes a great moisturizing pack. Just mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of whole milk, smooth over the face and throat, and let it do its job for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and finish splashing with cold water.
* Honey also makes a great lotion for dry patches of skin on hands, elbows, or other parts. Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply to hands, elbows, heels of your foot, etc., and wash off after 15 minutes. Fast relief!
* Start your day drinking a mix of a spoonful of honey with the juice of half a lemon in a cup of hot water. This cleansing tonic will help improve your digestive system to enable you to stay healthy and fight disease
* Honey works well on chapped lips and for acne because it has antibacterial properties.
* To give your hair lustrous shine, mix 1 teaspoon of honey into 4 cups of warm water. Use as a hair rinse. And if you’re a blond, add the juice of 1 lemon, too.
* Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash. Honey cleans teeth and dentures, and kills germs in the mouth.
*Suggested medical usage:-
For stomach ulcers,gastritis, dyspepsia and sore throats, 1-2 teaspoons on an empty stomach (½ hour before meals), 1-4 times a day to assist in healing and provide pain relief.
For wounds – apply on a dressing (preferably waterproof) with enough honey to cover the wound surface. Use 20 ml (25-30 gram) of honey per 10×10 cm dressing. Change up to 3 times daily.
*For dog allergies:
You can also use local honey to help cure dog allergies. Why does it have it to be local honey? Apparently local honey contains very tiny amounts of pollen. These tiny amounts of pollen are not enough to trigger the allergic reaction in your dog when they ingest the local honey. What does happen though is each time the dog eats the local honey, the dog’s body begins to build up a tolerance to the pollen. Eventually, the dog is able to tolerate the amount of pollen usually present in the dog’s enviornment. It works the same way for humans, in case you are interested. You can give your dog anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon of local honey once or twice a day. You can also mix it into to their food. Make sure it is raw local honey. You can find raw local honey at farmer’s markets, natural food stores and sometimes in the health food section of your grocery store.
Enhance Your Beauty With Some Homemade Honey Recipes.
*Honey Cleansing Scrub:
Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons fiinely ground almonds and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Rub gently onto face. Rinse off with warm water.
*Firming & Moisturizing Face Mask:
Whisk together 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon glycerine (available at drug and beauty stores ) and enough flour to form a paste (approximately 1/4 cup). Smooth over face and throat. Leave on 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
1 teaspoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey.. Mix the two ingredients together and apply to a clean, moist face. Pat this mask onto the skin for a moisturizing, penetrating, hydrating, soothing application that will also help to clear up skin problems.
*Smoothing Skin Lotion:
Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and 1/4 teaspoon l;emon juice. ub into hands, elbows, heels, and anywhere that feels dry. Leave on 10 minutes. Rinse off with water.
*Skin Softening Bath:
Add 1/4 cup honey to bath water for a fragrant, silky bath.
Stir 1 teaspoon honey into 4 cups (1 quart) warm water. Blondes may wish to add a squeeze of lemon. After shampooing, spread your mixture through your hair. Do not rinse out. Dry as normal.